crafting in lockdown!

So 2020 seems to have started in a very bizarre way, never before have we known a time where we have been told to stay at home, stay away from our places of work and not to mix with our family members that live outside of our household.

In a way it all feels very surreal and at the start didn't seem to feel very real, now we are into the fourth week of being in lockdown I think it has all sunk in. I am missing my family and it seems very odd not to just jump in our cars and go and see people or go out on family days out. On the plus side people are generally taking notice of the restrictions and staying in.

One thing I am glad of is my hobbies, I really don't know how I would be coping if it wasn't for the fact I can lose myself in an afternoon of crocheting or sewing.
This is one of my first lockdown projects I completed, it is called The Rainbow ripple baby blanket 12 point star and the pattern was designed by Celeste Young.

For my Blanket I used a mixture of colours of Highfield Bonus DK yarn which I purchased at Hobbycraft and used a 5mm crochet hook. This blanket pattern is a great one to do in front of the TV as once you get going its pretty easy to do without having to keep looking at the pattern. If you have any questions regarding this blanket please don't hesitate to comment below and I will get back to you.
Have a great day and stay safe!

Comments

Popular Posts